Saturday, July 24, 2010

What is the best kind of face wash for minor pimples and blackheads?

i want a face wash that really gets rid of the pimples. i dont have achne. i do get pimples and blackheads on and around my nose. i want a face wash that will get rid of both but it doesnt have to be a face wash it can be a pad or something. i do have sensitive skin.What is the best kind of face wash for minor pimples and blackheads?
I believe natural stuff is always the best. I use tea-tree oil face wash and it really cleared up my complexion and those problem pimple areas AND it left my skin nice and soft :). I then use distilled Witch Hazel ( you can get it from boots or Superdrug) and apply with a cosmetic pad to cleanse and tone my skin. Drink plenty of water too and I'm sure you'll see the results :)





Ive tried those products like Clearsil and Biore and they didnt make much LASTING difference, it cleared up my spots and then I just got more again. Then someone told me 'Hey, don't you think those companies want that to happen? I mean..if it really did clear all ur spots up all the time for good..they'd go out of business'. I was like..damn, you got a point..What is the best kind of face wash for minor pimples and blackheads?
Try Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser (with the blue label) or the store brand version. Its a very mild cleanser that many dermatologists and skin care sites will recommend. Start using it daily and your blemishes should improve.
The best thing to do is use a gentle face wash twice a day every day. Cetaphil sensitive skin cleanser works really well, and won't irritate your sensitive skin. Look for a moisturizer with salicylic acid as the active ingredient. This will keep your pores clear and give your skin the moisture it needs. To clear up the black heads around your nose, you can make a simple mask that will help disolve and soften the blackheads. To make the mask mix pure aloe vera gel with baking soda to form a paste. (You can get these things very cheap at any grocery or drug store) Apply the paste anywhere there are blackheads, and let it sit for about 5 minutes. After you rinse it off, you can very gently squeeze the blackheads out. Don't use too much pressure or you can bruise and damage your skin. This can be drying to skin that doesn't have clogged pores, so I don't reccommend it for the whole face. If there are alot of blackheads it will take a couple treatments to get rid of all of them, you can do this once a week until they're gone. If you use a moisturizer with salicylic acid in it, it will prevent them from coming back. Hope that helps!
Everyone's skin is different, and what works best for one person may not work for another. I'm not sure I understand what you mean that you don't have ';acne'; but you do have ';pimples'; -- I always thought those two words were interchangeable!





Do you have oily skin? I have very oily skin, and get lots of small pimples but rarely any large ones. My dermatologist said that I had clogged pores due to my oily skin, but not true acne (which requires the presence of a certain bacteria). His treatments all focused on keeping my skin clean and oil-free. He recommended using Cetaphil bar soap or Dove Beauty Bar with a Buf Puf sponge to wash my face -- this would both cleanse and exfoliate my face, removing any dead skin, oil, and dirt that can clog my pores. If the Buf Puf is too harsh for your sensitive skin, try a softer sponge or washcloth. (But make sure the sponge thoroughly dries out between each use to avoid bacterial infections, which can look like acne!) I personally have found that it doesn't make any difference what face wash I use, but it's other products that clear up my acne. I have found that Neutrogenia On-The-Spot acne treatment (or other treatments with 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, the minimum effective dose) are great about clearing my pimples without drying out my skin like the stronger concentrations! (Many brands have 10% BP, which can be very drying even for non-sensitive skin!)





He also emphasized that there's many things you should do to keep your skin clear of acne besides just using medicine and face wash. Always use makeup labeled ';noncomedogenic'; or ';nonacnegenic'; (products labeled ';oil free'; don't have oil but may still have other pore-clogging ingredients). Mineral makeup is a popular trend right now, and it contains all-natural ingredients and is great for all skin types, especially acne-prone or sensitive skin! (Beware of brands like Bare Essentials which contain bismuth oxychloride, which many people are allergic to.) Also, sometimes makeup or face products can produce an allergic reaction which resembles acne -- just something to think about!





My dermatologist also said that all hair conditioners and many shampoos contain pore-clogging ingredients, so try very hard not to get any on your face when you rinse your hair, and only use conditioner on the length of your hair, not the roots. Likewise, shield your face when using hairspray and other hair products.





And while no study has proven that eating greasy foods causes acne, if you eat greasy food then touch your face, you can transfer the grease to your face which can clog your pores! So wash your hands after eating greasy food.





One last thing you can do is to use a new washcloth each time you wash your face, and change your pillowcase frequently, since facial oil builds on both of those things!
ProActive is the best thing out there in my opinion.
Cetaphil Normal to Oily Skin. very gentle, non-irritating and does not dry out your skin. Follow with Paula's Choice BHA 2%
  • this works
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment