Monday, July 26, 2010

Pimple like sores that are popping and spreading?

My daughter is 13 and just showed me these sores on her leg, she said she had one and it itched really bad so she scratched it, but now about one week later she has about 7 and one is hurting her you can see the redness (yes I plan to bring her to the Dr. but it is after hours so I just want to know if anyone might know what it is) She had chickenpox when she was little . Thank youPimple like sores that are popping and spreading?
It doesnt normally occur in younger children but maybe , hidradenitis Supprativa???


I am including a wikipida link... but the first stage is occasional boil/pimple like breakouts...


Its worth checking out.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hidradeniti鈥?/a>Pimple like sores that are popping and spreading?
it could possibly be scabies or some form of rash. I highly recommend you take her to the doctor as soon as possible.
Maybe a staph infection. If it spreads when it opens it means its a rash. Does she have a temperature?
It could be Shingles. It is important to have that determined ASAP. Since you mention Chicken Pox that leads me to that conclusion.





Shingles most often first appear very rapidly and feel like a shingle, consequently, the name. The affect is a rash type area.





I had Chicken Pox when I was a young child and last New Years Eve, I broke out with Shingles on my butt! With medication they went away in about 30 days, but now, almost a year later, I think I have them again, but only as one itchy spot. I am due for my annual physical, so the Doc will let me know for sure.





There is one other possibility. If you own cats, they can be the cause too. If your child plays in a sand box used by the cats, a skin disease called Migrating Eruptions develops. This condition starts out as a pimple, usually on an arm or leg and a few days later, it feels like there is something crawling under your skin, then a new eruption developes and the first one goes away. This continues for some time till it goes away by itself. Mine took 18 months to go away. The only way to stop the itching was to expose the pimples to sunlight.





But, I am not a dermatologist. Seek professional help.
sounds like s staph infection

No comments:

Post a Comment